Saturday, February 7, 2009

Age Group - Elite - Pro


There are more than 100 people on the Silicon Valley Team, and everyone has their own pace. The coaches split us up in to three categories:
  1. Age group: beginning level to establish aerobic base and develop skills
  2. Elite Group: intermediate level for those who already have some aerobic base
  3. Pro Group: a challenging level for those with race experience and a solid base
Not quite sure what to expect, I slotted myself as "Elite". It turns out that I am comfortably in the Pro group for swimming and biking and just barely in the Pro group for running.

This got me thinking about my goals for Wildflower. I looked at the race results for 2008 and 2007, and I think I can finish in the top 15% overall if I train really hard. In 2007, I would have needed to finish in under 2 hours 40 minutes. The hardest part will be getting my running pace down to about 7 min/mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment