Friday, February 27, 2009

Mountain Biking

I went mountain biking for the first time on Wednesday.  Jeremy and I rented full suspension bikes from Bike Connection for $35 for the day.  It was very convenient.

We woke up early so we could do our ride before work.  We drove to the top of Page Mill Road and started our ride from the Russian Ridge Open Space Preserve.  It threatened to rain on us as as we were driving, but the sun came out as we started our ride.  The trails were wet and slippery, and we were covered with mud by the time we finished.  I haven't been that dirty in a long time.  :)

We didn't have a plan for where we were going when we started out, so you can see on the map that we had to turn around a couple of times.  Here are the full ride details.


We had incredible views of both the coast and the bay.  I'm looking forward to more open space preserve mountain bike rides in the future!

4 comments:

  1. was it really hard? i hear mountain biking is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely found myself a lot more worried about staying on the bike than I do with road biking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man - I want to do this, I'm still trying to talk kekoa into trying this with me. did you bring your clipless pedals ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I used my clipless pedals, but I think I would have preferred to use the pedals that are platforms on one side and SPD on the other. I found myself unclipping frequently. :-/

    ReplyDelete